The Smart Bhu-Parikshak soil testing device developed in IIT Kanpur
Significant features of the device is the simultaneous determination of multiple parameters and by using spectroscopy and IoT technologyRead More
An IoT-based smart handheld, lightweight, portable soil testing tool “Bhu-Parikshak” Figure 1. developed in IIT Kanpur. The most significant features of the device are the simultaneous and instant determination of multiple parameters using our patented AI/ML algorithms embedded with optical sensors based on NIR spectroscopy technology. Bhu-Parikshak can determine soil nutrients with high efficiency and recommend fertilizers to farmers. It provides soil health reports on the smartphone in the range High, Mid, and Low as per recommendations by ICAR within a few minutes.
Bhu-Parikshak is capable of generating the soil health reports on the smartphone in the range High, Mid, and Low as per recommendations by ICAR within a few minutes.
- Bhu-Parikshak can determine multiple parameters simultaneously
- Display the result on the Mobile App and capable to store data on the server.
- The Accuracy of the device is more than 80 %
Bhu-Parikshak is based on NIR optical spectroscopy, and it is a completely chemical-less device.
The Bhu-Parikshak device has mainly divided in three parts:
- Upper Part: Header Cap with Power Button, Power unit, and USB port
- Middle Part: Main Body with optical unit and control unit
- Lower Part: Sample cum Calibration Cup
Bhu-Parikshak Mobile application to connect with the Bhu-Parikshak Device.
- Scan Report.
- Previous Scans History.
- Cloud Data Synchronization .
- Fertilizer Recommendation.